Database Management Services has become one of urgent requirement in application development as well as online web applications.
Paragyte Value Proposition:
Paragyte offers database management services with total focus on ensuring our customer’s database systems remains operational 24/7 with vast experience in upgrades, design, installation, migration, support, maintenance and Remote DBA.
We also offer specialist skills in some of the most complex or unique aspects of certain DB vendors.
- Databases e.g. SQL Server DTS, SSIS, SSRS and Analysis server,
- Real application cluster from Oracle, SQL Server Active cluster configurations from Microsoft.
- Backup, Restore, Upgrades and Patching.
- Monitoring Resources Consumptions (Disk, CPU, RAM) and taking corrective actions.
Reasons to go for Remote DBA:
- Reduced IT budgets, employee turnover, leave, or other reasons for declining head-count (and the associated costs of on boarding and training replacements).
- To maintain or improve their competitive advantages.
- To streamline and automate processes, including that of database administration.
Established, effective remote DBA providers help businesses increase productivity and reduce the cost of enterprise computing-enabling clients to compete in today’s demanding business environment, maintain institutional integrity, and reduce system vulnerability.
A remote DBA program can provide a considerable return on investment (ROI), including:
- Fixed cost: Remote DBA services are not only significantly less expensive than in-house DBAs, they are usually delivered at a contractually set price, allowing for more granular and effective financial planning for future IT expenditures.
- Increased team productivity: Skilled IT employees that might have otherwise been used for in-house database administration can be re-deployed to more business-critical, revenue-producing projects.
- Accelerated problem resolution: Remote DBA solutions focus entirely upon administrative support, 24×7. This minimizes response times for problem resolution, user requests, and performance-related issues.
- Increased availability to 24/7: While many firms pursue cost savings by outsourcing development and administration tasks overseas, differences in time zones and workdays can create gaps in coverage and response times and force in-house staff to work off-hours. On-shore remote DBA eliminates these issues.
- Leveraging state-of-the-art monitoring tools: Outsourcing to a remote DBA eliminates the costs that a firm would have to spend on expensive in-house monitoring tools.
- Tracking and auditing database management work: Full accounting of work performed, including case tracking and resolution analysis, is a valuable IT management tool that can allow more granular breakdown of DBA expenditures.
- DBA mentoring: Expert DBAs provide valuable guidance to IT managers who are adopting new technologies or who only have junior-level DBAs in house.
A second pair of eyes: IT managers who do not have the budget to increase headcount can use remote DBA to add an additional level of support at a fraction of the expense.